google map div ready

Church of St Lawrence in Pühalepa

Pühalepa Churche is one of the oldest churches on the island.

The Countess Ebba- Margaretha Stenbock (1704-1776) is buried in the sepulchre next to the Church; her great-grandfather Jacob De la Gardie once owned the whole Hiiumaa.

At first, the Fortress Church was without a tower and was probably built in 1270. The Church has been rebuilt several times; in 1770, the Church got the tower.

Church of St Lawrence in PühalepaChurch of St Lawrence in PühalepaChurch of St Lawrence in PühalepaChurch of St Lawrence in Pühalepa
Homepage:www.eelk.ee/puhalepa/
E-mail:puhalepa@eelk.ee
Aaddress:Pühalepa, Suuremõisa Parish, Estonia
County:Hiiumaa
ZIP:93001